Developed by Soviet engineer Mikhail Kalashnikov after World War II, the AK47 was designed to meet the Soviet military’s need for a fully dedicated assault rifle platform. During its service the assault rifle went through many revisions and was replaced with the more refined AK74 during the late-1960s. To address the need for a shorter, more compact rifle for Russian vehicle crews the AK74 went through another round of revision and modification. The resulting rifle was the AKS-74U. It had the size and maneuverability of a submachine gun with the power of an assault rifle, making this gun extremely popular in many Russian special forces and paratrooper units.
The KWA AKG-74SU Professional Training Rifle (PTR), is built and designed to be used as a training tool for military, law enforcement and tactical training personnel, as well as a dependable airsoft gun for airsoft players. The KWA AKG-74SU brings something that most gas blow back rifles (GBBRs) falter in – affordable reliability. With a name like KWA, nothing but quality can be expected and that is what they bring with the AKG-74SU PTR. Out of the box this GBBR is ready for use, no need to upgrade or reinforce any internal parts. All you need to do is load it, gas it and its ready for the field.
The externals are very solid and tough - almost feel like the real deal. The metal parts, such as the body and barrel made of a high-grade aluminum, while the pistol grip, stock and hand guards are made of a nylon-reinforced polymer. The skeleton stock folds and locks to the left side of the gun with a push of the button. There is a dovetail scope mount to attach AK-style optics and rail systems. With high quality materials combined with KWA’s quality engineering, this gun is extremely durable and give operators one of the best performing gas blow back AK platform available.
However, it is the magazine and gas system that puts the AKG-74SU a cut above the rest. By utilizing their years of experience in designing efficient and reliable gas pistols, KWA created a gas blow back rifle with the same efficiency and reliability. The magazine and rifle were engineered utilizing KWA’s new “Force Velocity” system, an evolved version of their revolutionary NS2 system for their rifles and sub-machine guns, creating a highly gas efficient blow back system while generating a stronger felt recoil. With the force velocity system plus reinforced internals and bolt, this GBBR can easily handle the stress of sustained use.
- High grade aluminum body and parts
- High strength polymer handguard, pistol grip and stock
- Velocity: 330-350 FPS with .20g BBs at 75 degree Fahrenheit
- Rate of Fire: 14 RPS
- Overall length (Retracted): 19.75" / 15.17 cm
- Overall length (Extended): 29.33" / 74.30 cm
- Weight: 6.44 lbs / 2.92 kg
- Adjustable hop-up
- Small and compact design, ideal for CQB
- Realistic gas blow back action
- Uses KWA's revolutionary Force Velocity System
- Safe, Semi and Fully automatic firing modes
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Functional, cycling bolt
- Dovetail side rail mount for AK style optics and rails
- Side folding, skeleton stock
- Realistic construction & field stripping
- KWA AKG-74SU PTR Gas Blow Back Rifle
- 1x 40 round magazine
- Speed loader
- KWA Operators manual and documentation
- KWA 45 day limited warranty form
- Cleaning/unjamming rod