Venerable, yet simple - the design of the AK-47, and the more modern AKM and AK-74, has withstood the test of time and continues to see extensive use world wide. However, there are a few limitations that have followed the Kalashnikov since its inception. A major drawback is the lack of picatinny rails for additional accessories. Modern weapons have become more modular and gives the operator some adaptability in numerous tactical scenarios. While the standard AK offers excellent performance in the field, its lack of rail space reduces any tactical edge an operator may need should the unexpected happen.
Another drawback is ergonomics. The AK-47 was designed to be used similarly to older Soviet-style rifles like the SVT-40 and Mosin Nagant, and thus have features that do not mesh well with users who are not familiar with the platform. Over the years, several companies have made parts, and even whole rifles, to address the needs of end-users and bring the Kalashnikov to the 21st Century. By adding rail systems and improving the weapon's ergonomics, the AK is now more versatile and just as reliable as its predecessors.
Using the KWA AKG-74M as a base, the AKG-KRC addresses the needs that airsoft players have been having with the AK platform. The AK's inherent lack of customization and, often, clunky ergonomics. The AKG-KRC is made with a high grade aluminum for maximum durability and minimum weight. The original polymer handguards were replaced with a tri-rail system giving airsoft operators the ability to bolt on any tactical accessories. There is an additional rail that runs the length of the top cover for various scopes and optics. The rear sight of the AK was exchanged in favor of an M4 style one and pushed back to provide a cleaner sight picture. Along the left side of the receiver there is a dovetail scope mount to attach AK-style optics and rail mounts. The original pistol grip was replaced with a rubberized M249-style one. This provides a more comfortable grip and doesn't stress the user's hand and wrist as much as the stock AK one. A notable feature that the AKG-KRC has is its ambidextrous selector switch. Based off the Galil style selector system, the selector is recessed into the pistol grip and works in conjunction with the standard AK selector. With high quality materials combined with KWA’s quality engineering, this gun is extremely durable and give operators one of the best performing gas blow back AK platform available.
However, it is the magazine and gas system that puts the AKG-74M and KCR a cut above the rest. By utilizing their years of experience in designing efficient and reliable gas pistols, KWA created a gas blow back rifle with the same efficiency and reliability. The magazine and rifle were engineered utilizing KWA’s new “Force Velocity” system, an evolved version of their NS2 system for their rifles and sub-machine guns, creating a highly gas efficient blow back system while generating a stronger felt recoil. With the force velocity system plus reinforced internals and bolt, this GBBR can easily handle the stress of sustained use.
- High grade aluminum body and rail system
- High strength polymer pistol grip and stock
- Velocity: 380-400 FPS with .20g BBs at 75 degree Fahrenheit
- Overall length (Retracted): 35.5" / 90.17 cm
- Overall length (Extended): 38.75" / 98.43 cm
- Weight: 8.91 lbs / 3.71 kg
- Realistic gas blow back action
- Uses KWA's revolutionary Force Velocity System
- Adjustable Hop-Up
- Safe, Semi and Fully automatic firing modes
- Tri-rail system for tactical accessories
- Railed top cover for scopes and optics
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Galil-style ambidextrous selector switch
- Ergonomic M249-style pistol grip
- Dovetail side rail mount for AK style optics and rails
- M4 buffer tube with an LE style retractable stock
- Ambidextrous QD sling swivel attachment points
- Functioning, cycling bolt
- Realistic construction & field stripping
- KWA AKG-KCR PTR Gas Blow Back Rifle
- 1x 40 round magazine
- Speed loader
- KWA Operators manual and documentation
- KWA 45 day limited warranty form
- Cleaning/unjamming rod