Shemaghs have been worn by people living in arid parts of the world for centuries to provide protection against direct sun exposure, as well as protect the wearer's face from blown dust and sand.
Recently, the U.S. Military has adopted the shemagh, which has become very popular with troops, due to their diverse and practical application when out in the field. Some of these applications include sun protection, sweat mop, dust wiper, water filter, bandages and many more. In terms of airsoft, shemaghs provide players a lightweight, breathable and protective piece of kit that covers their face and neck from on coming BBs and the elements while skirmishing.
The Valken Lightweight Shemagh face wrap takes the traditional middle eastern head wrap, also known as a keffiyeh, and makes it into a multi-functional piece of equipment that every person should have in their wardrobe. The shemagh can be used as a face scarf for face protection, or full head wrap to protect the user from sun, wind, or other harsh environments. These shemaghs can also be used as a scarf to keep the neck and head warm in cold weather, or as a fashion accessory for everyday use. These shemaghs come in various colors, including solid and two-tone colors
- Cotton material construction
- Dimensions: 42" x 42"
- Size: One size fits most
- Material: 100% cotton
- Lighter construction than traditional shemaghs
- Provides protection against direct sunlight and when in dusty / windy conditions
- Offers light protection to face and neck from BBs when skirmishing
- Can be worn in cooler temperatures to provide some warmth
- Has multiple tactical and practical uses outside of just being worn
- Excellent fashion accessory